Monday, March 22, 2010

VJ Samsonite's New Music Song of the Day is.....


Today, I bring you a newcomer to electro-pop/synth-pop, who is really making an smashing impression and adding her own unique touch to it all. Today's Song is "Bulletproof," by U.K. artist La Roux, which comes off of her debut self-titled album (released in June of 2009). La Roux, means "the read-head" in french for all of those who don't already know. I love La Roux's sound because it harkens right back to one of my favourite musical era's, the 1980's, and no doubt she has been compared to many of the new-wave artists already. I was delighted and surprised to actually hear a mainstream radio station here in the USA playing this song the other day, which means that she really has made it big (as the radio-stations here, generally all owned by the same company) tend to play the same loops over and over again, and if your stuff isn't on the loop then it generally doesn't hit the airwaves here. Bulletproof is the song of many ex-girlfriends no doubt, but there is one in particular that comes to my mind when I hear this song, and thus it has that personal appeal to me I suppose. Excuse the advert at the beginning, so typical of youtube to disable the embedding abilities, and thus for some ludicrous reason, and thus I had to use this one as last resort). The video is great stuff, and reminds me so much of the old Eurythmics 80's music videos, in fact that is where I reckon the idea came from but I could be wrong. So without further ado here is Bulletproof:

No comments:

Post a Comment