Friday, April 16, 2010

VJ Samsonite's "Hot New Music" song of the day is....

...Help I'm Alive, by Canadian indie rock band Metric. Metric comes out of Toronto originally, and have moved base-locale a few times to London, Montreal, New York, and Los Angeles. The band consists of vocalist Emily Haines (who also plays the synthesizer and guitar), guitarist James Shaw (who also plays the theremin), bassist Josh Winstead and drummer Joules Scott-Key. Metric has won a couple of Juno Awards for past albums, as well as a 2006 Polaris Music Prize for Canadian album of the year. Help I'm Alive is the first song off of their Fantasies album (released in April 2009). Now Metric is actually a band that has received some airplay here on the mainstream radio stations and I've actually heard another good song of theirs off of the Fantasies album titled Gold Guns Girls played on the radio a few times, which surprised me, in a good way. I was pondering making a tribute with this song, but I don't really like the movie that comes to mind to mix it to, so we will see if I make it or not. Big ups yoself!

No comments:

Post a Comment