Friday, June 4, 2010

And the "Hot New Music" song of the day is....

...Shadow People, by US indie rock band Dr Dog. Dr Dog are based out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and consists of Toby Leaman (bass), Scott McMicken (lead guitar), Frank McElroy (rhythm guitar), Zach Miller (keyboard), and Eric Slick (drums). Shadow People comes off of their Shame Shame album, which was just released in April, 2010. I don't have too much to say about them as I don't really know that much, so as always look them up on wikipedia or allmusic or one of the those internet databases. All though I would point out something rather obvious and that is that I reckon that they just took Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg and combined their names to get Dr Dog (but just one "g" as opposed to two). Oh, and yipee to me for actually posting a US band, note that I do have others in mind but just haven't posted them yet, so perhaps I should, but I reckon a mix of new artists from different locales is best. Keep it real peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment