Friday, December 10, 2010

Brief Movie Review for "Outsourced" (2007)

Outsourced (2007)
 5/5 Stars *****
Quite a good movie if I might say so myself.  I know that this sounds like the title of a documentary, but I promise you it is not. Basic plot is that the entire job and department of an Seattle based sales-manager gets outsourced to a call-center in India, but he is asked to train the new team in India, which leads him there. The most interesting part of the movie in my opinion is his experience (realistic or not) of being immersed into East-Indian culture as well as the social commentary about "outsourcing" and some of the interesting situations that come up as well. This is one of those movies that left me feeling like I learned a little bit of something about Indian-culture that I didn't know before, and though nothing can beat first-hand experience, its still a fun movie to watch. There just aren't that many movies that I have watched that I would say I feel I got something out of, but this is one of them. I would watch this one again, be sure to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment