Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Brief Movie Review for 'Mr and Mrs Smith' (1941 version)

Movie: Mr. and Mrs. Smith (1941)
Director: Alfred Hitchcock
Rating: 2/5 Stars **

A somewhat funny movie, and entertaining to say the least. I don't however really find the whole 'cutesy lover's quarrels' to be all that funny or cute, although I can tell that they are supposed to be, I guess I just don't get the humor there. For context, this film was shot during the great depression and WWII so perhaps people were just looking for pure escapist flicks which is understandable. I know they made a new version with Pitt and Jolie where they just add guns and lots of punching and kicking, but I doubt its much better. Not your typical Hitchcock flick, but check it out if you like the whole lover's quarrels bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment