Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Brief Movie Review for 'Welcome To The Rileys' (2010)

Movie = Welcome To The Rileys (2010)
Rating = 4/5 Stars ****

Kind of a crazy story about believable characters, although I don't reckon that the story is all that believable, but who knows...Great acting jobs Stewart, Leo, and of course Gandolfini (quite refreshing to see Gandolfini play a non-mobster/hitman role, and without that Long-Island accent too!). A middle-aged couple who have lost a daughter years ago are still struggling to find purpose and meaning in their lives, as well as finally starting to process some of their pain and grief. Another element of this film is the focus on how in some lives unlikely people/souls come together to help each other along their paths (especially when stuck in a rut) and then they part again. I know that I have had these kinds of brief but life-changing relationships in my own life and my life changed-track as a result, so that definitely is an element of realism there. I recommend checking this one out if you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment