Thursday, March 17, 2011

Now They Call Them Oldies: 'I Want You' by Bob Dylan (1966)

So much for just the relatively recent, I have to hit shuffle on my playlist and see what "oldies" song comes up and share it with the realm of vloggers! Holy crapola! I guess there's a place for the old after all! The first song to pop up on my shuffle is...I Want You (1966), by American singer/songwriter/musician Bob Dylan. Bob Dylan was born in Duluth, Minnesota USA in 1941, and his birth name is Robert Allen Zimmerman. I Want You appeared on Dylan's 1966 album Blonde On Blonde and actually appeared on the playlist for a recent wedding I DJ'ed for, good stuff! Now, there isn't possibly anything I could tell you about the Dylan that you don't already know (and I don't know much), so on to the song...Oh and BTW, I will be featuring older songs (that is pre-80's music) at least once a week or so from now on so hopefully I can make some ends meet with some of you out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment