Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Brief Movie Review for 'The Brother From Another Planet' (1984)

Director = John Sayles
Rating = 4/5 Stars ****

I seem to like John Sayles movies, and I really liked this one. This one is about an alien, who appears quite human, who crash-lands in New York City where he must blend in and learn how to live amongst the humans while evading pursuit by his alien slave-owners. This movie really is a social commentary on illegal immigration, slavery, and racial issues. The message I got after watching this is you don't necessarily have to be from another planet to feel like an outsider in another culture, country, or even a strange neighborhood in your own city. The movie is entertaining, I would recommend it, and I would watch it again. Also, this movie is currently available on for free viewing in full on YouTube Movies HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment