Sunday, May 15, 2011

Another Classics Shuffle: 'I'll Be Around' by The Spinners (1972)

I know I keep changing the name of this series, and what I am really looking for is a simple title to post songs pre-1980's under, so now its Another Classics Shuffle. Today's shuffle results in the 1972 classic track I'll Be Around by American R&B vocal group The Spinners (known as "Detroit Spinners" in the UK). The Spinners are a Detroit-based soul-music vocal group who formed in 1961 and who had various hits during the 1970's and there are a few members to mention so I won't go into that here. I'll Be Around was released in 1972 on the group's self-titled Spinners album and it would reach #1 on the U.S. R&B chart and #3 on the U.S. Pop chart, and #1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 Chart. This song has been covered many times and ways by many artists but I would personally recommend the 1994 Rappin' 4-Tay version which you can listen to HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment