Friday, September 21, 2012

Under Neon Movie Reviews: 'C.H.U.D.' (1984)

Movie: C.H.U.D.
Year: 1984
Rating: 6/10 Stars ******

An odd 1980's sci-fi flick, as I really don't think it fits into the horror genre as it is usually placed. I remember seeing this movie cover as a kid at the video store in the late 80s (amongst many others) and thinking that it looked scary, as did most horror movies at that age. Although I find that watching them now seems to burst some kind of illusion that I carried with me all these years that those movies were actually scary when in fact the 80's horror genre were all quite goofy and comical in many ways. And this movie, totally has undertones of environmental responsibility and anti-government secrecy within it, which is always surprising in these sorts of films. Check it out if your looking for something wacky to watch, but don't expect much as the ending leaves you hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment