Saturday, January 16, 2010

Andre Agassi Interview!


Woot woot!! My brother and I had an interesting discussion a few weeks ago regarding Andre Agassi's interview with Tavis Smiley on PBS (I will post the link here), which is a great interview about his recently released auto-biography. My brother and I were both pleasantly surprised to see someone like Agassi actually act from a place other than just ego, especially seeing that he is a tennis superstar and that he has been in the celebrity spotlight for the last 25 years or so. From this interview you can really see how grown up Agassi is, he mentions that he has found peace in his life, which is more than most can say. I definitely intend to read this book, its called Open, and I have a feeling will be transformative to read.
    In the interview Agassi also talks about some of his philanthropic work, such as educational programs set up for troubled youths, and the recent successful graduation of a class of students from his program in Las Vegas (his home community). It is great to see someone in the spotlight who has true humility, and who is not just looking for another ego-boost. Check out the interview and see what you think, and check out the book too:





& For the full interview go here

No comments:

Post a Comment