Tuesday, April 6, 2010

VJ Samsonite's "Hot New Music" song of the day is....


....Jimmy Recard, by Aussie hip-hop artist Drapht. Yet again, this is not a new song in Australia, in fact it was released back in May of 2008 on the Brothers Grimm album. Why am I posting oldish stuff? Well, because I can, and because its my blog, so there. Moving on...Jimmy Recard is a great song that reminds me of the show Entourage for some reason. Whilst I never really liked Entourage that much I always thought that this Aussie hip-hop song sort of summed up the theme of the show well; that being about  a group of friends trying to make the big-time in Hollywood, some of them achieving success and others not. At least that is what I summed up out of the one or two episodes I've seen, so maybe I am totally off, but the point is I don't give a flying-shart anyways. But seriously someone should make a fan-vid of Entourage using Jimmy Recard, because I probably won't do it ;-( ...Oh yes, getting back to Drapht, he hails at us out of Perth, Australia (a west-coast'a), and he has released three studio albums, so be sure to check them out if you like his work. What it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment