Friday, June 11, 2010

June 11, 2010

Well, so here we are, World Cup has started today, and the Celtics have tied once again the NBA finals, making them a bit more interesting. Lots of attractions and distractions, but I wonder, how long will people fall for the same old same old, and I am not talking about the sports, but more about the trend of being fickle towards world events. Life goes on, I suppose that is one thing I have learned with experience, no matter how big some event or thing or period of life seems to be, ultimately it will pass, and life always moves onwards, ever onwards as they say. I am still thinking of a period 4 years ago, during the last FIFA World Cup, back in 2006, doesn't seem like that long ago, but it has been. Anyone else found the whole 7-year cycle thing to operate in their lives? If so, that would mean I still have about 3 more years in my present cycle, unless I don't. I do remember having a conversation that struck out at me at that time though, and it was about how change just happens, even when its change we want or not, when its time it just happens of its accord. Reminds me a bit of the natural world, and how one can try all they like to make a flower bloom when they want it to (and who knows, maybe their are chemicals that cause that) but in reality the flowers bloom in due season. They bloom when conditions are ripe, and that is how it is. I think its important to remember that, rather than trying to rush everything and to have to have everything exactly how the mind says it is "supposed to be" right now. Not to say that that can't work in some cases, but it just tends to carry not so healthy and energy along with it, kind of like a pre-mature birth or something.  Now, as for the sports, I naturally would like to see the USA team do well and would be pleasantly surprise if they won even one match, but I would like to see Portugal and Spain do well, I like  Cristiano Ronaldo and I just visited Spain, so there. Well, that may be it for my daily thoughts, and I don't know why, I just thought the Goonies might cheer somebody up, it always does me ;-)  So now for the music post.
-Doc Evil

No comments:

Post a Comment