Sunday, April 10, 2011

Now They Call Them Oldies = 'I Want To Tell You' by The Beatles (1966)

The results for this week's Part 1 of Oldies shuffling goes to The Beatles, and their 1966 song I Want To Tell You. I Want To Tell You was written by George Harrison and released on the 1966 Revolver album (one of my favorites by The Beatles, which is why it comes up on my playlist so often). According to the Wikipedia page the Revolver album was released in anticipation that it's focus more on the electric-guitar-rock sound as opposed to the folk-rock sound on their previous album, which would help to introduce a new phase in the group's recording career, and of course it reached #1 on both the UK and US album charts and remained their for a number of weeks on each chart. Check out the Wikipedia page link above for more trivia and info. So there is Part 1, Part 2 to be posted soon, thanks for stopping by...world...

No comments:

Post a Comment