Monday, January 10, 2011

Brief Movie Review for 'Night Train to Munich (Gestapo)' (1940)

Night Train to Munich (Gestapo) (1940)
4/5 Stars ****
I enjoyed this one, and if you liked 'The Lady Vanishes,' you will like this one. This was even earlier, released in 1940, and at that point the War was still raging. The whole time I kept thinking how Rex Harrison reminded me of Jemaine Clement, and kept picturing him in that role, and Paul Henreid really reminded me of Kevin Spacey too...strange. Margaret Lockwood reminds me of someone too, but I can't quite put my finger on it. The scene on the Funicular/Teleferic was pretty awesome too, and the ending might surprise you too. Check this one out, especially if like older films. Sorry, couldn't find a trailer for this one....



No comments:

Post a Comment